* Support for reading and plotting of live-data
* Improved data fitting
* Automatically guess parameter of custom models
* Better result presentation
* Support different weight types
* Consider given x- and y-error when fitting (can be switched off)
* Show t statistics, P > |t| and confidence interval
* Calculate p-value for chi-square and F test in nonlinear fitting
* added fit models for most statistical distributions
* Improved theming
* Apply themes to worksheet and to all its children
* Respect theme settings also in plot legends and labels
* Allow to disable theming in worksheets and plots after a theme was selected
* Show currently active theme in the “Apply theme” button
* New application option in the settings for the default theme used for new worksheets.
* Support different data types
* auto detect integer and datetime data in import
* support number locale and datetime formats
* improved data type support in spreadsheets
* Import from SQL databases (tables or custom queries)
* Import Origin OPJ projects
* Much better support for Windows and macOS
* Syntax highlighting for LaTeX in the text label
* Allow to set the background color for LaTeX labels
* Support Hermite polynomials from GSL 2.4
* Support error functions and related functions from libcerf
* “Used in” sub-menu in column contex menu for faster navigation to the curves consuming the column
* Direct application of analysis functions (smoothing, interpolating, etc.) on the ploted data via curve’s context menu
* Direct application of analysis functions on the data in the spreadsheet and plotting of the results via spreadsheet’s context menu
* Drag columns in the project explorer and drop them on plots (either in a worksheet view or in the project explorer) to create curves
* “Show last N points” and “Show first N points” data ranges in cartesian plot
* Added CLI option –presenter to start LabPlot directly in the presenter mode
* Added CLI parameter to directly open project files (LabPlot or Origin)
* Allow drag&drop of projects files (LabPlot and Origin) on the main window to load the project
* Allow drag&drop of data files on the main window to import the data
* Show tooltips for the supported mathematical functions and constants in the expression text field
* Automatically switch to the scientific representation for numbers bigger than 10^4 on the axis tick labels
* Automatically allow the latex typesetting in the application after the latex environment was installed later without making the user to go to the settings dialog
* Allow to change the color scheme for the application
* Smooth and animated zooming in the worksheet view
* Allow to add text labels to plots
* Improved building with MSVC, Intel and PGI compiler
* Faster copy&paste in the spreadsheet
* Bug 379877 – masked rows in spreadsheet not restored in project
* Calculation of fit results corrected
* Axes now support values larger than FLT_MAX (~10^38) and smaller than FLT_MIN (~10^-38)
* When a LabPlot project is being droped in the main window, load the project directly instead of showing the import file dialog
* Correctly save and restore masked cells
* Don’t crash if the rc-file was not found during the startup
* Support themes for plots
* Import and editing of FITS data files
* Data reduction by removing data points using multiple algorithms
* Numerical differentiation and integration with several options
* Many new pre-defined fit models (Gompertz, Weibull, Log-Normal, Gumbel, etc.) sorted in categories
* Fit parameter now support fixed values, lower/upper limits and use Unicode
* Fit model and random number distribution formulas are now rendered with LaTeX
* Support user specified x range in all analysis functions
* Allow to enter complete LaTeX documents in text labels
* Configuration parameter to use different LaTex engines (LuaLaTex, XeLatex, pdfLaTex, LaTex)
* Disable LaTeX typesetting if no LaTex installation (and other required tools) were found at runtime
* Presenter mode for worksheets
* Support for Mac OS
* Support for Julia’s vectors and tuples in CAS worksheets (requires Cantor v. 16.12 or higher)
* Allow to jump directly to the data source spreadsheet via XYCurve’s context menu
* Select and delete multiple objects in project explorer
* Improved and extended internal parser for mathematical expressions
* Copy of worksheet elements as image to the clipboard via CTRL+C
* BUG: 361326 – Allow to select curves with overlapping bounding boxes
* Correctly load worksheet sizes from saved templates
* Fixed crash when removing columns in spreadsheet
* Fixed crash when fitting using GSL >= 2
* List of available functions corrected
* Constants are now available with full accuracy
* Windows: Import of files and open recent files fixed
* Integration of Cantor – Support for different open-source computer algebra systems
* Statistics on spreadsheets and matrices
* Export of spreadsheets and matrices to LaTeX tables
* Interpolation of data including different splines, cosine, exponential, cubic Hermite (Catmull-Rom, cardinal, Kochanek-Bartels) and rational functions
* Data smoothing using moving average (centered or lagged), percentile filter or Savitzky-Golay algorithm
* Fourier filter (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject) with ideal, Butterworth, Chebychev I+II, Legendre or Bessel-Thomson filter
* Fourier transform with many window functions (Welch, Hann, Hamming, etc.) calculating magnitude, amplitude, power, phase, dB, etc. and supporting
one/two sided spectrum with or without shift and x scaling to frequency, index or period
* Filter and search capabilities in the drop down box for the selection of data sources
* Sigmoid function as a new pre-defined fit model
* Support for compiling on Microsoft Windows
* Faster generation of random values
* Global option to enable/disable the double-buffering for faster painting of curves (enabled on default)
* Save and restore last used setting in RandomValuesDialog
* Update axis title shape on title rotations correctly
* Save and restore custom column widths in the spreadsheet
* Fixed sporadic crashes during project close
* Datapicker – tool for extracting curves and data points from imported images
* Custom point on the plot with user-defined position and appearance
* Accept drag&drop events
* Support GSL 2.x
* Import and export dialogs save and restore their settings and sizes
* Faster rendering of the image view of the matrix
* BUG: 354744 – make setting of range auto scaling in CartesianPlot undo/redo-able
* Removed couple of hard coded sizes given in pixels for better user-experience on hidpi-displays
* Fixes the bug with disabled undo/redo-actions in after the undo-history was cleared
* Keep the information about the columns to be shown in the project explorer after project close
* Fixed some bugs in painting of the selection band on the worksheet
* Allow to open gz- and bz2-compressed LabPlot project files on the command line interface
* New Matrix view for handling matrix data.
* Workbook – a new container for grouping several objects of type Spreadsheet and/or Matrix.
* Import of binary, image, NetCDF and HDF data into spreadsheet or matrix.
* Visual HDF and NetCDF parser to view content of files and import data sets.
* Preview of all supported file types in import dialog.
* Transparently import compressed data files.
* In xy-curve the points may not be connected by the line if there are NANs in-between. This behaviour is controlled by the parameter “skip gaps”.
* Multiplier of Pi format of the plot axis for periodical functions.
* New operations on columns in Spreadsheet – reverse, drop values and mask values.
* Formula used to generate the values in a column is stored and can be changed/adjusted in the formula dialog afterwards.
* Curve filling: the area below, under, left to or right to the curve can be filled.
* Support for multiple variables in “Function Values”-dialog – new data in the spreadsheet can be calculated out of multiple columns.
* Speeded up the creation of new columns during the import
* Fixed wrong behaviour when doing “zoom&select” in a plot and then deselecting the plot – it was not possible anymore to select the plot again on the worksheet.
* Plot 2D-curves defined by mathematical equations in cartesian and polar coordinates or via a parametric equation.
* Linear and non-linear regression analysis. Several predefined fit-models are provided. User-defined models are also possible.
* Besides fixed worksheet sizes (predefined sizes like A4 etc. or user-defined), complete view size can be used. All sizes are automatically adjusted on resize.
* Different axis arrow types.
* “select region and zoom in”, “select x-region and zoom in”, “select y-region and zoom in” functions for cartesian plot.
* Rounded border for several worksheet objects (plot area, legend etc.)
* Hover effect for axis, curve and text label.
* Added a MessageBox – ask befor deleting worksheet objects.
* Added three new types for drop lines – “zero baseline”, “min baseline” and “max baseline”
* Fill the selection in Spreadsheet with a constant value provided by the user
* Fill columns with uniform and non-uniform random numbers, several distributions are available.
* Fill columns with function values
* Allow custom resolutions for PNG-export
* Export of the spreadsheet to a text file.
* Simultaneous zooming and navigation accross multiple plots.
* Implemented “Powers of 10/2/e” for the axis tick labels
* Don’t crash when trying to create a plot in case no rc-file was installed.
* Don’t allow to select unwanted objects in TreeViewComboBox in ImportDialog and XYCurveDock.
* Corrected painting of background images in plot area and legend.
* BUG: 330723 – fixed weird selection in spreadsheet.
* BUG: 330774 – fixed wrong positioning of axis on orientation changes.
* Update main window title when project name is changed
Bug fix release. Solved issues:
* Fixed wrong scaling of legend’s text labels in pdf-export
* Fixed memory corruption in CartesianPlotDock that can lead to crashes
First stable release of LabPlot2. LabPlot2 is a complete rewrite of LabPlot1 and lacks in this release a lot of features available in the predecessor. On the other hand, the GUI and the usability is more superior as compared to LabPlot1 and there are several new features that were not available in LabPlot1.
Brief summary of features and capabilities of LabPlot2 implemented in the first release:
* project-based management of data
* created objects are organized in a tree and are visualized and accessible in the project explorer
* for a better management of objects, additional folders and sub-folders can be created within a project
* spreadsheet with very basic functionality is available for manual data entry
* “file data source” can be used to import a file and to let LabPlot2 watch for changes in that file
* external data from an ascii file can be also directly imported to a spreadsheet for further editing
* worksheet is the main object where plots, labels etc. are placed on
* several zooming functions for the worksheet
* only cartesian plot is implemented in the first release
* arbitrary number of freely positionable axes is possible
* xy-curve is implemented. As the data source for the x- and y-values columns either from a spreadsheet
or from a file data source can be used
* several zooming and “movement” functions are available for the plots which help to navigate through data
* legend for xy-plots
* a lot of properties of the worksheet elements can be edited in a very easy way in the corresponding dock widgets
* plots on the worksheet can be put into a horizontal, vertical or grid layouts
* export of worksheet (entire worksheet or current seleciton) to pdf, eps, png and svg